Journaling is one of the most powerful tools that’ll help you connect with yourself on a much deeper level, be more in tune with your emotions and feelings, build your self-esteem and help ground yourself.
Now maybe you’re thinking, Does Journaling help with Self-love?
The short answer is yes, definitely.
Now the longer answer is this. I was also skeptical of the effects of journaling in helping me love myself more, improving my mental health, and towards personal growth.
But it was through journaling that I learned to understand myself more. Face my shortcomings and accept them with an open heart.
It helped me learn to be in tune with my needs, my feelings, and the boundaries that I had to set for me to finally breathe and to start saying yes to myself more.
I’m hoping that it will help you too.
Start your self-love journey by answering these self-love journal prompts below and know that if you have a hard time answering some of them, it’s 100% okay.
When I first started answering some of these questions, I had this assumption that I had to have the answer to all of them right away. It made me feel pressured and so overwhelmed that often, I just ended up writing things I don’t actually mean or I just quit.
That’s why I want you to know that there’s no rush and this is not a straight path. Just leave it and come back to it when you are ready.
The important thing is to connect with yourself, with what you’re feeling, and allow your answer to these questions to help you start believing in yourself more and love yourself more every day.
Here are 70+ Self-love Journaling Prompts And A Free Printable:
- Write at least three things that you struggle to love about yourself.
- What steps can you take to start accepting those parts of yourself and eventually learn to love yourself more?
- Write at least five things (or more) that you forgive yourself for.
- What boundaries can you start setting to focus more on yourself? (e.g. I will not commit to things I don’t want to do just to please other people)
- What are your strengths?
- What are the things that you love about being you?
- When are you at you’re happiest?
- Give your body at least three compliments and thank it for everything that it has done for you.
- Write down the ways you have changed for the better over the years. Remember no win is too small. Celebrate the small and big changes that you have made. You deserve it.
- Write down ten positive affirmations that you can read every time you feel insecure, overwhelmed, and unworthy.
- Write down ten good and healthy habits that you want to start and what steps can you take to make sure that you start cultivating these habits and stick with them.
- Write down all the toxic and self-sabotaging habits that you are holding on to.
- What steps can you take to start letting go of those habits?
- What is the best compliment that you want to hear? Write it down and say it to yourself in the mirror.
- What makes you feel calm and grounded?
- Every time you start talking to yourself negatively, what steps can you take to overcome negative self-talk?
- What are you most insecure about?
- What steps can you start taking today to help you welcome your insecurities with acceptance and love?
- Whose validation do you most seek?
- Why do think you seek their validation the most?
- What steps can you take to let go of the need to chase their approval so that you can start learning that you are enough just as you are now?
- Write down ten things you are grateful for.
- Write one goal that you want to achieve before the year ends. Don’t forget to add the steps you will take to help you achieve that goal.
- Write a thank you letter to yourself.
- Write down one toxic habit that you want to break before the year ends and the steps that you will take to help you break that habit.
- Write down your perfect morning routine. Make sure that it is realistic and something that you can easily stick to.
- What are the traits that you love about yourself?
- What are the traits that you want to improve?
- Write down five things that you are passionate about.
- What are the things that you love doing that you haven’t done lately?
- Write down your dreams, aspirations, and the things that set your soul on fire.
- What’s keeping you from going after these dreams and from doing the things that you’ve once loved?
- Do you have a hard time putting yourself first?
- What steps can you take to help you start focusing on your needs first without feeling guilty about it?
- Write down five things that you have always wanted to do.
- What are the things that you LOVE about your body?
- What are the things that you LOVE about your appearance?
- What are the things that you LOVE about your personality?
- What are the things that you LOVE about your mind?
- Write down five simple things that can easily lift your spirit and improve your mood.
- Write down the things that are keeping you unhappy lately?
- What steps do you take to distress and recharge?
- Write down the things that are making you anxious and stressed lately. After writing each one, pick out the things that you can control and focus on finding solutions for them. Doing this has helped me slowly learn to let go of the things I cannot change and focus my energy on the things that I can.
- What past mistakes are still holding on to?
- What steps can you take to forgive yourself for those mistakes, let them go, and finally set yourself free?
- Look around you, and write down the things that you are grateful for right now. Doing this will help you learn to press the pause button in life, slow down and just appreciate the present moment.
- When was the last time you allowed yourself to take a break and do something that you enjoy without feeling guilty about it?
- Write down the challenges that you have faced and overcome. Celebrate your wins and recognize the fact that you are strong to get through hard times and capable of achieving anything that you set your mind and heart to.
- Write yourself a love letter.
- I deserve to be happy because…
- I am worthy of love because…
- How can you love yourself more today?
- I feel most alive when…
- Write down at least three self-care activities that you want to try.
- What do you think are the things that you should start saying yes to?
- What limiting beliefs do you have about yourself?
- What steps can you take to let go of these limiting beliefs and start believing in yourself more?
- What steps can you take to be more confident?
- What have you done for others lately that made you really happy?
- Create a perfect bedtime routine for you. A routine that’ll help you de-stress, let go of the day, and welcome sleep. Make sure it is something that you can easily stick to.
- What is the nicest thing that you have done for yourself lately?
- If you haven’t done anything for yourself lately, think about what’s keeping you back from doing that.
- When was the last time you allowed yourself to cry or feel your emotions? I have always believed that learning to sit with our negative emotions and allowing ourselves to be vulnerable is a form of self-love and self-care. Doing this will not only help you avoid bottling up your emotions but it will also help you heal, let go, and move forward.
- What is the best compliment that you have ever received? Give this compliment to yourself again.
- When was the last time showed yourself compassion?
- What do you think when you look at yourself in the mirror? Do you feel hate?
- If you’ve answered yes to the question before this, what can you start doing to be kinder to yourself?
- What makes you ‘YOU’? What makes you unique?
- What makes you feel fulfilled?
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Lastly, thank yourself for taking the time to get to know you more, for opening up, and for learning to start loving you more.
I hope you’ve found these journal prompts for self-love helpful in your journey towards loving yourself and accepting yourself.
Remember that self-love is a journey.
It doesn’t have any endpoint. It is something that you have to practice every single day. The adventure really lies on the path itself. You can do this!
Download Our Free Self-Love Journal Prompts Here:
What self-love journal prompts inspired you the most?
More Inspirational Posts For You To Enjoy
5 Ways you’re wasting your life without even realizing it
How to Reinvent Yourself and Change your Life