Positive affirmations for confidence can do wonders for your self-esteem. Have you been struggling with self-doubt lately? I have been, for years now. When I hit the lowest point of my life, I started to believe that I was never really good enough to put my life back together and change it for the better.
When I was at rock bottom, I experienced so many disappointments and felt like a total failure that I started to believe that I was never going to improve my life because I didn’t have what it takes to do it.
I held on to this mindset for so long. I was criticizing myself and constantly putting myself down without realizing how much damage it was causing. Doing this did not help me in any way — it just made me feel so much worse.
This is where positive affirmations for confidence come in. These affirmations can help reframe your mindset and counter your negative self-talk.
Do Affirmations Help Improve Confidence?
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is this; If you’re skeptical about using affirmations for confidence, I get you. In fact, I was you.
Truth be told, I was never a firm believer in affirmations. I have always questioned how doing this every day will eventually help improve my confidence.
Years ago, I was in a really bad place. Every day, my mind was ruled by so much negativity and I was constantly putting myself down. I was having so much self-doubt. I was feeling stuck. I felt like a failure and that I will never be good enough to pick myself back up and turn my life around.
I knew I needed to make a change. I needed to stop criticizing myself. Stop the negative self-talk because it was only making me feel so much worse and it just kept me stuck thinking that regardless of what I do, I will always fail.
I started using affirmations for confidence. I did this every morning. I spent just a few minutes in front of the mirror every day and recite affirmations that really speaks to me.
I can’t tell you enough how a huge help this has been in reframing my mindset. It helped change my negative patterns and it allowed me to let go of negative thoughts and changed them into positive ones.
It made me feel good about myself. It was a breath of fresh air. It was a huge help in motivating me to finally do the things needed to improve my life and break bad habits.
That’s why I have decided to gather these affirmations for confidence to help you get started on your journey to improving your self-confidence, boosting your self-esteem, and loving yourself more.
Affirmations For Confidence
1. I am enough just as I am now.
2. I am worthy of happiness and love.
3. I deserve great things.
4. I am capable of improving my life.
5. I am capable of anything I set my mind and heart to.
6. I am strong enough to overcome any challenges.
7. I am strong enough to overcome my fears.
8. I don’t need someone else’s validation, all I need is my own.
9. I will do great things today!
10. I am better than who I was yesterday.
11. Every day, I am growing and learning.
12. I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for.
13. My mistakes and failures are avenues for growth and learning.
14. I am happy with who I am.
15. I accept and love myself unconditionally.
16. I can achieve success.
17. Every day, I am becoming more confident and secure with myself.
18. I can make my dreams a reality.
19. Every day, I am taking the steps needed to improve my life.
20. I embrace my journey with an open heart.
21. I appreciate myself.
22. I thank my body for carrying me through life’s ups and downs.
23. I am worthy to find lasting peace and happiness.
24. I won’t say yes to things I don’t want to do just to please other people.
25. I can overcome any obstacle that I will face today.
26. My voice matters.
27. I do my best every day.
Affirmations For Confidence And Anxiety
1. Today, I will let go of anything that is out of my control and focus all my energy on the things that I can change instead.
2. I am safe and my mind is calm.
3. I am in control of my emotions.
4. I let go of all my negative thoughts.
5. I had overcome this before, I can do it again.
6. I am not worrying about the future and I am focusing my attention on the present moment instead.
7. I am brave enough to face anything that comes my way.
8. I forgive myself.
9. I will be okay and anything that I’m going through now is just temporary.
10. I am loved.
11. I am proud of myself for being resilient.
12. I am strong enough to get through tough times.
13. I breathe out negativity and breathe in positivity.
14. Today, I choose joy.
15. All my emotions and feelings are valid.
16. I am in control of my thoughts.
17. I‘m taking things one at a time.
18. Breathe, this too shall pass.
- 45 Self-love Affirmations
- 70+ Self-Love Journal Prompts To Boost Your Self Confidence (Free Printable)
- 25 Journal Prompts for Self-Discovery and Personal Growth
Morning Affirmations For Confidence
1. Today is going to be a great day.
2. I am full of energy.
3. I can handle whatever comes my way.
4. I embrace change and uncertainties.
5. I am grateful for my life.
6. I am capable and strong.
7. I deserve happiness and joy.
8. I will accomplish big things today.
9. I am stronger than yesterday.
10. I am facing the day with optimism and gratitude.
11. I free myself from self-criticism.
12. I respect myself.
13. I am living today with no regrets.
14. I appreciate every moment and live in the present.
15. I am proud of who I am becoming.
16. I am excited to discover where life takes me.
Affirmations For Confidence and Self-Esteem
1. I free myself from the pain of the past and embrace the present with an open heart.
2. I am whole just as I am now.
3. I am comfortable in my own body.
4. I am beautiful inside and out.
5. I respect my boundaries.
6. I give myself unconditional love and respect.
7. I am proud of all the things that I have surpassed.
8. I am brave and courageous.
9. I am blessed beyond compare.
10. I am my biggest fan.
11. I am treating myself with kindness and compassion.
12. I am empowered and I am capable.
13. I have wonderful ideas to share with the world.
14. I love how I look.
15. I feel good in my own body.
How To Use Affirmations For Confidence Effectively
Only Choose Affirmations That Really Speaks To You
I believe that this step is very vital. You must choose affirmations that really resonate with you and that will help you the most.
Create a Routine and Be Consistent
It is important to remember that for this to work you have to create a routine and be consistent with it. Try to avoid skipping any days. I found it most helpful when I do them in the morning, after waking up. I normally spend just around 5 minutes repeating these affirmations in front of the mirror.
Don’t Pressure Yourself
Remember that this is not something that will magically boost your confidence overnight. It takes time and effort. Don’t pressure yourself into thinking that you need to see changes in yourself right away. The important thing is you keep doing it every single day and put those affirmations into action.
Final Thoughts On Affirmations For Confidence
I hope that you’ve found these affirmations for confidence helpful to start your journey. Before I end this post, I want to leave you with this.
When I first started reciting these affirmations, I was so impatient. I wanted to see significant changes right away but of course, that’s not the case. It made me feel bad and discouraged – thinking that this was not working for me.
When you feel this way, it’s important to remember that this practice takes patience. It is not an easy fix. You need to show up every day and put your thoughts, your affirmations into action. Stop thinking that it won’t work or that this is just a waste of time.
You need to let those thoughts go. Believe in every word that you are reciting and make the effort to be consistent.
Remember that it will take time before you see any improvements or changes, just keep going and stick with it!
You got this. I believe in you.